Total Pageviews

Friday 16 August 2013

Cranky & Lost

            I was very cranky today.  K and I took a ride to Dorion to find a pinnacle. I only recently found out what a pinnacle was. It's a tall skinny rock structure. It's supposed to be super neat. We were told to follow an orange-marked trail and when we got there on this scorching day, we couldn't find it. K took her SUV up this road and I honestly thought we weren't going to make it. These rocks going up this hill are terrible. It's sketchy and steep. Anyway, determined to find this pinnacle on the side of a cliff we walked up and down the road and it was the most tiring experience (mentally & physically).

I was getting frustrated. Finally, we changed our minds. We found a new destination nearby. Wolf River Falls! Although all I did was whine and complain on the ride to the falls, it ended up being so majestic. I need to go back for a picnic!!!!!

This experience is never EVER forgotten and we will never stop bringing up how cranky I was this day. One of my most memorable days. I was also late for work today because I forgot what time I worked at! OOPS

Note: We went back to the original pinnacle the next weekend. A TBayTel worker was up at the parking spot. He looked at us funny but we continued our journey. Walking with a compass and map, we had no clue where we were going. There is no marked trail here. We heard a bang noise in the bush that had random repeating intervals and I said  "Hello?" and no one answered. This noise was so unnatural we had to turn around and have never gone back since. Guys, I'm seriously telling the truth when I say: I have never been more terrified in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment