Total Pageviews

Thursday 19 March 2015

The Descent is the Worst Part

        Today we tried a hiking trail near the Pigeon River Border Crossing. This one was very fun! It starts out with a wooden boardwalk and it is a very well-maintained trail. It takes us in a zig-zag up a steep hill at the end to an amazing lookout! It's called Finger Point because of the shape of the final ascent. Not sure why I didn't bask in the beauty of this location, I only stayed up there for 10 minutes. I felt tight on time because K had to work but that 4 km hike only took us about 1 hour total. It was a really nice day and a little challenging with snow still on the trail. K fell and will probably have a bruise on her knee from this day, it is very slippery going down any hills of this hike in winter!!!! I would recommend this hike in winter or summer though, the lookout is unbelievable!




I hope to come back here so I can enjoy it more, I always seem to be in a rush on hikes and although I appreciate every second of them sometimes I wish I took it all in. 

We are planning to complete all the trails at this hiking spot within one day. This includes: high falls, middle falls, and The Lookout.

No comments:

Post a Comment